This statement is made by the Nü Savings Group Limited' (13335912) ("NSG").
MODERN SLAVERY STATEMENT
In 2015, the UK government introduced the Modern Slavery Act 2015 (‘the Act’). The term 'Modern Slavery' covers both slavery and human trafficking.
Modern slavery is a term used to encompass slavery, servitude, forced and compulsory labor, bonded and child labor, and human trafficking. Human trafficking is where a person arranges or facilitates the travel of another person with a view to that person being exploited. Modern slavery is a crime and a violation of fundamental human rights.
NSG's STRUCTURE, BUSINESS & SUPPLY CHAIN
NSG is an international utility company that is focused on energy (electricity and gas), water, fiber broadband, and telecom networks, and their application in the provision of our client solutions.
Geopolitics and trends like sustainability and climate protection; digitalization and technological innovation, are fundamentally altering the utility landscape. NSG's core businesses reflect this: the transformation of the business landscape from insular to liberal thinking and the increasing demand for client-orientated policies.
Value-enhancing procurement of goods and services is an important requirement of the success of NSG's business. In all NSG's procurement processes NSG requires human rights to be respected and environmental standards to be maintained throughout the entire supply chain. To this end, NSG has introduced various policies and management processes.
NSG's APPROACH TO SLAVERY & HUMAN TRAFFICKING
NSG has a commitment to act ethically and responsibly in all its business relationships and has zero tolerance of slavery and human trafficking in any part of its business operations or supply chain. NSG supports and is committed to upholding the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights and the core labor standards set out by the International Labour Organisation (ILO). NSG has a wide range of internal policies, standards, and processes in place groupwide to assist in tackling slavery and human trafficking, including:
1. NSG Code of Conduct and NSG ’s Human Rights Policy Statement;
2. NSG TPI Supplier Code of Conduct, with standards regarding human rights, working conditions, environmental protection, and ethical business practices that NSG requires its suppliers to meet;
3. Defined and monitored onboarding and qualification processes of new third party companies before NSG engages in business with them;
4. NSG undertakes frequent evaluations of company interactions, not limited to strategic orders, upon fulfillment of contracts;
5. Whistleblowing email to enable third parties to report possible violations of the law or of company guidelines or policies.
OUR MODERN SLAVERY STATEMENT